tl;dr: If it’s raining and over 5 degrees, I wear: crocs, maloja waterproof bicycling shorts (with wicking underwear), gloves, Dish and Duer rain shield vest. If it’s raining hard I add a happy days rain cape .
- Crocs (with holes and without socks) as previously blogged.
- Maloja water resistant bicycling shorts with 2 amazing large zippered pockets (with wicking underwear in case the water gets through from MEC or Mark’s)
- Dish and Duer Stay Dry Rain Vest Rinse (the blazer is good if you don’t sweat as much as I do) with a polypropylene wicking short sleeve shirt (you may want a long sleeve if you don’t sweat as much as I do, i would get a zip neck long sleeve because you sweat more than you think and the zipper will come in handy for ventilation; mine are from MEC)
- Gloves (I use SealkSkinz but any water resistant glove will do)
- If it’s raining cats and dogs I add a happy rainy days rain cape (but the above stuff will handle it too! it’s just a question of how wet you want your legs and arms to be and yes I wear a discontinued pink ladies cape :-) !)